Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!
1. Happy Thursday, friendly faces!! So I totally feel like I just wrote a ToL post… which is probably because I only managed to sneak in one other post between last week’s and this week’s. But you know that little thing called Thanksgiving? I kind of, sort of decided to take that time off myself (even though it wasn’t a holiday for us Canadians), aaaaand before I knew it, 4 days went by and I didn’t manage to get a post up. Oops. I blame the time of the year – it’s horrible for my productivity.
2. That and the weather. I mean, I know it’s kind of a cop out to talk about the weather, but you guys… we’ve had like 3 weeks of nothing but this…
… and completely overcast skies make for pretty bad picture-taking conditions. Oddly enough, I don’t think it’s been affecting my happiness or energy too much. But my motivation? *blows raspberry*
3. Like all I want to do is make cookies. And then eat them because I can’t photograph them. Oh! Now there’s a good question – what are your favourite Christmas cookies? Because I’m planning on posting a few recipes this month and I want to know what you guys are loving. Personally? Snickerdoodle, shortbread, and gingerbread. Not necessarily in that order.
Grain Free Snickerdoodles | White Chocolate Cranberry Oat Cookies
4. Speaking of gingerbread… I’m still waiting for my molasses obsession to kick in. Normally, I can’t get enough of the stuff… to the point where I end up going through an entire bottle in a month. But this year? Ehhhh. Still waiting on it. I do generally love gingerbread, though. And the stronger the sweet vs spicy contrast, the better.
Warm Gingerbread Breakfast Smoothie | Flourless Gingerbread Muffins
5. Actually, my cravings have been all sorts of messed up. Normally I have a crazy sweet tooth, but lately? It’s been all about the salty stuff. Like, hello salsa from the jar and ketchup with a side of food. I basically choose my meals depending on whether or not I can eat them with ketchup 😂
6. So have you seen those new Snapchat Spectacles? Because apparently having to hold up your phone to take Snapchat videos was too much work, so now you can wear sunglasses that have a camera in them and post straight to Snapchat. Crazy how far technology and social media has come, eh? I didn’t even get a cell phone until I turned 18… and I’m pretty sure it couldn’t even take pictures 😂
7. And that’s it for this week, friendly faces! Hope you’re having an awesome one, and I’ll see you this weekend 🤓
No questions! Just tell me whatever randomness comes to mind!
More places to find me!
E-mail — [email protected]
Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons
Snapchat — runningspoons
I would love to know what you are reading! Your book recommendations are alwasys the best!
Remember when you wanted to write a text you had to press numbers multiple times to reach the letter you needed and if you were too slow it was ready to move on without you. My mom does this all the time because she’s not about ready to give up her Motorola flip phone.
Jessie @ The Acquired Sass
I usually eat my ketchup with a side of fries too. The fries are merely a ketchup delivery system. So glad I’m not the only one. I won’t put it on everything, but when I do use it, I make sure to USE IT.
I will take twp plates of the cookies and one of the fries, k? Thanks.
It’s grey here too. Thank goodness for warm, cozy fireplaces and a backyard for outdoor photo shoots. Now I just need to make the food. 🙂
Ange // Cowgirl Runs
Oh I love gingerbread at Christmas time! So good!!
It’s also been grey and dreary here. We finally have snow, but still no sun. Boo.
Woah, can you send some snow down here too? It’s been SUPER cold, but not a ton of snow yet. I’m thankful that the ski resorts have been getting a lot of snow. 🙂 And I’m thankful that it’s been chilly for the huskies.
A blogging break sounds perfect. It seems like blogs are kind of slow during the holiday season too.
Oh yes, and I need to try some of your gingerbread recipes. I have a ton of molasses.
jen @ pretty little grub
Snapchat sunglasses, those are hilarious. ANd probably cost a pretty penny too.
ummm my mom gave me a cell phone at 16 to put in my car with these words “you better be dying if you make a call on this” 🙂 ha!!
i feel like we should all take december off, yes? Let’s go to the mountains and make gingerbread pancakes. Mmm k?
It hasn’t been snowy here but it has been rainy/overcast. I’ve literally been doing a shoot and half way through a cloud comes in and blocks the sun. Its happened to me TWICE this week! Not cool at all. And I am soooo excited about Christmas cookies!! I’m an equal opportunist with cookies but I must say I have a soft spot for oatmeal cranberry with white chocolate 🙂
Jess @ Keeping It Real Food
It’s always weird to me when my usual cravings don’t kick in. But hey, if it feels good, do it?
I’m not a big Christmas cookie person (mostly because of my ridiculous savory tooth that makes me want to eat cheese for dessert) but I do love the double chocolate mint cookies we make every year from the Buttercup Bakery cookbook. So good!
Shashi at RunninSrilankan
Three weeks of snow and cold, cloudy skies will have me eating my weight in all the comfort food and wishing I was a bear so I could hibernate! I’m in awe of all of y’all that handle cold weather with a breeze – it gets below 60 here and I find myself reaching for my ski mask to stay warm! Yikes! And – a funny coinky dink – lady, last night found me eating salsa from the jar with a spoon – when my fingers got cold, I nuked the jar and simply finished that sucker off! :O
BTW – I hadn’t seen those snapchat spectacles – they are way too cool – I did however see these contact lens with a built in movie camera in them on Facebook last night! Technology so rocks!
Happy TOL Thursday, friend!
Julie @ Running in a Skirt
I’m always obsessed with salsa! Love the stuff! Thanks for hosting and happy almost weekend!
Heather @ Polyglot Jot
Gingerbread, sugar, peanut butter, and chocolate chips are my holiday must-have cookies! I’ve been obsessed with the ketchup lately too. I also found this mustard with dill in it at a Farmer’s Market and it’s so delicious!!!
Rachel @ athleticavocado
It’s so hard to pick a favorite cookie but I would have to say gingerbread for the Christmas season! I’m so obsessed with them and need to bake them soon!
SNOW?! I’m not ready, people!!!
I’ve never done Snapchat. I’m still having a hard time figuring out this whole Instagram stories thing… haha
Patricia @Sweet and Strong
Omg those glasses, what will they think of next? And oh the snow looks so pretty! I like snow for like the first snowfall, then I’m over it. We don’t have any in the forecast here on the east coast…. yet. And favorite christmas cookie is probably snickerdoodles and chocolate crinkles 🙂
It’s funny you say that about Holiday spirit and food. Normally I’m all about peppermint and gingerbread this time of year but honestly I cannot get into it this year. Maybe it’s because the weather is too warm right now.
Alicia @Bridges Through Life
Snapchat glasses?! Totally mind boggled by how thise are necessary. I cant wait to make my annual gingerbread cookies this year.
Susie @ SuzLyfe
Gingerbread is coming…. Gingerbread is coming! That is what I think Paul Revere said, right?
michele @ paleorunningmomma
Ketchup with a side of food is what Emily ate last night for dinner, no joke. The ketchup “fell off” her food so she kept “reapplying”, lol 🙂
meredith @ cookie chrunicles
it has rained here for the last few days but thankfully the sun should come out today and no snow in sight!
Thankfully we haven’t had too much white stuff yet. I love tomatoes, but never use ketchup, so that’s weird.
A bottle of molasses in one month? It takes me years!