Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!
1. Hey guys! First and foremost, I wanted to apologize if you had any trouble accessing the blog over the past couple of days. Just when I thought I was getting pretty good at dealing with a lot of the techie stuff, something new pops up that I’ve never even heard of 😳 Pair that with a pretty big influx of traffic that Spoons has been getting over the past couple of days, and you’ve got yourself some crazy load times, timeouts, and server errors. I think I’ve dealt with the majority of it, but I ended up having to scrap yesterday’s WIAW post since I couldn’t even log into my WP dashboard. But that’s okay because July has an extra Wednesday that I can sneak it into.
2. And just in case you did miss my post from Tuesday, you might want to go back and check it out because… this baked AB&J French toast oatmeal? You definitely need this in your life.
3. You know what I miss? Blueberries. I’ve been trying to switch up breakfast a little bit by using different fruits in my oats, but I’m currently dealing with a serious case of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” because while nectarines are good, blueberries are better. At least with oats. Yes? No? Maybe so?
4. And you know what else I miss(ed)? Having my name spelled wrong at Bux. I think we went through a period of about a month or so where I was finding something wrong every week, and then a month (or two) where there was nothing. Thankfully, the dry spell is over. Apparently “it’s Amanda” = Samantha. No shade.
5. You know who’s giving me major shade, though? Ipsy. I finally decided to sign up for one of their monthly glam bags, and they wait listed me 😤 Or… at least I thought they did. I just checked and apparently my order has been processed but not shipped out yet. Hmmmm. I dunno, but I’m curious to see what this subscription stuff is all about. I’ll let you guys know what I think when I get it!
6. In the meantime, I’ll just be over here playing with my new goodies from Sephora…
I originally went in for a Purity Made Simple cleanser since I was running low on mine, aaaaaaand left with a few more things than I planned on. This is why I try not to go to the mall too often!!
7. Especially because I also managed to do some damage at the bookstore…
8. And now if you’ll excuse me, I’d like to go dig into those… if I could figure out which series to commit to first 🤔 Have a happy Thursday!!
No questions! Just tell me whatever randomness comes to mind!
More places to find me!
E-mail — [email protected]
Twitter — runwithspoons
Facebook — runningwithspoons
Pinterest — runwithspoons
Instagram — runwithspoons
Bloglovin — runningwithspoons
Snapchat — runningspoons
Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment
I love to wander around Sephora. I always get a little something else when I go in. Have a wonderful weekend.
Heather @ Polyglot Jot
Glad that the sites up and running again! 😀 I guess in a way, the influx of traffic is a good thing despite the techie consequences haha. I love buying new books! It’s such a great feeling to have a stash of books to go through!
I’m obsesseddddd with blueberries. In my oats, in my yogurt, by the handful… Also Sephora is so dangerous like that-Kat Von D eye stuff is great-I love her black waterproof tattoo eyeliner.
Glad you were able to get your technical issues taken care of! They are so frustrating! Good thing you have your subscription box goodies to make everything better, right?! 🙂
Oh my gosh, just fyi… I *adore* Brent Weeks Night Angel Trilogy… !! Enjoy!
Daisy @ Fit Wanderlust Runner
Amanda you are just getting too popular girl! 😉 I had been thinking of signing up for Ipsy too! My friends that have a subscription say it is awesome.
I love my Ipsy subscription! It was my first and I liked it so much I signed up for Allure (bleh! Just ditched it) and Birchbox (which I like too). Sephora has one too but the wait list is hella long apparently.
Not crazy about oatmeal but that looks so good. Is the texture like oatmeal or more solid? It’s the mushiness I can’t get down with.
Jo @ Living Mint Green
I picked up that new Maybelline foundation you told us about. I think I like it so far! It’s not chalky like most drugstore foundations and blended really well!
Call me crazy, but I don’t like tart fruit mixed in with oats. I like neutral flavours – like banana, dates,raisins and maybe a few blueberries.
Ange // Cowgirl Runs
I’m currently going through a reading dry spell. The book I’m reading is good, but not great. Boo.
I really like the combination of blueberries and nectarines, but the nectarines have to be perfectly ripe for it to work.
Tiffany @ The Chi-Athlete
You’re right — I DO need that PB&J thing in my life. Every single day.
Cayanne Marcus @healthyezsweet
I’m a die hard banana in my oats gal! But I’m looking forward to going to the farmers market this Saturday to get some sweet summery fruits to add in also 🙂
Oooooh, your WIAW are my favourite! I’m sure glad there are four Wednesdays in August! Whew. <3
Laura @ This Runner's Recipes
I eat the same fruits in my oatmeal all the time – usually apples or a banana if I did not have it as my pre-run snack. But berries are so good in oats you have me inspired to mix it up!
Books make me happy. I was literally just typing that in a soon to be released CEFF post and then I see all this book loving you got going on. It makes me giddy. I still haven’t started my puzzle, but I haven’t forgotten it either. 🙂
I’m happy to see your site is back up and running.
Rachael @ Catch me if you can
dang you sure did some damage at the mall!! this is why I like online shopping I get what I need and usually nothing more…those aisles with tempting products get me when i go to the mall everytime!
Patricia @Sweet and Strong
I’ve been trying to switch up my fruits in my smoothies and oatmeals as well. Love that peaches and cherries are in season now, I just forget to pick them up at the store!
I like blueberries too! :o) And last night I re-discovered just how delicious blackberries can be at this time of year.
It’s kind of a blessing in disguise right, that your site had so much traffic? The site couldn’t handle the excitement of it all! 🙂 But I am glad that it is up and running at full speed again!
I love blueberries in my oatmeal. (probably my favorite fruit to add!) although, bananas in oatmeal are really good too!
Jen Rawson, RD (@PrettyLilGrub)
Sephora is the worst for that. There’s so many other products I want once I’m there to pick up one quick thing.
Blueberries are totally my go-to oat topping. And cereal topping. And toast topping.
I guess I just really like blueberries 😉
I’m on the lookout for some new face products so be sure to let us know about your samples!
Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday
I’m with Morgan – Target is my big money-suck. Makeup, food, cute dishes… I buy it all. And I love nectarines, but oddly not with oatmeal. Oats are for berries and bananas (and nut butter) in my mind!
Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood
I’m that way with Target (always) – I got in literally for one thing and walk out $100 poorer and not quite sure what happened. I’m pretty sure I black out, ha!
Julie @ Running in a Skirt
Curious about that mascara! I need to make a sephora run too.
Glad you site issues are figured out. That is such a pain!!
Michelle @ LivelyChicken
So glad your blog is back up and running! I was searching for a greek yogurt muffin recipe on Tuesday (and I know you’re the queen of those!) but Spoons wouldn’t load for me. Ended up making chocolate chip cookies instead, but the muffins are now on the to-do list for the weekend! If I could only decide which kind I want to make…torn between AB&J and chocolate. Might have to make both!
Tech Issues. Yep. I SO FEEL YOUR PAIN Amanda!
The WHOLE of July for me. I’ve actually had to get a guy to look after my site hosting and tech issues now, it was just taking up so much time I had no time to create content!
Then, this week I had to get Microsoft involved to fix windows issues which prevented anything from syncing!! Argh!!
Who needs computers? (Well obviously we do! 🙂 )
Hope you got my Hawaii thanks note.
Sarah @ BucketListTummy
Blueberries are my fruit of choice in oats as well! Well, bananas…always bananas.
Subscription boxes always look so appealing- interested to see what you will get! Agreed- blueberries really are the best!
Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious
Technical issues are the worst! I dealt with my own a few weeks ago and I fear it’s still not over.
Sephora is the Target of beauty products.
Not a nectarine fan.
I don’t do subscription boxes — it’s tempting at times, I won’t lie. Now if some company would like to send me something to try, I’d be happy to oblige.
That little area right around the check out counter gets me EVERY TIME. Those little bins filled with “sample” goodies. I wind up with 4-5 when ever I go to check out. Yikes!!
What is with that whole inability to log in thing? I couldn’t log in to mine this morning but I tried not to freak out, came back to my computer after my workout and logged in fine…is that a hosting thing, plugin thing, wordpress thing, something else entirely?!
Susie @ Suzlyfe
Hey, what a lovely problem to have–that you are so successful that you are able to have site problems. That said, I can imagine that it is HELLA frustrating for you. I’m not a member of any subscription boxes because I am hella cheap. I’m ok with it 😀
I know subscription boxes are the new thing, I just haven’t signed up for any either. I don’t know, I’m not completely sold on the idea.
Michele @ paleorunningmomma
Jealous of your Sephora goodies! Really, I just need a good eye cream and keep putting off picking one because it feels like a boring task!
meredith @ cookie chrunicles
I like blueberries in my oatmeal too. frozen blueberries actually ever since I stopped eating the fresh ones after having a stomach virus.
I haven’t tried any of the subscription boxes yet either but I’m thinking of signing up for a book box.
I just started my BookTube adventure. Are you on YouTube, Amanda? Now that I’ve started making bookish videos, I’m asking all my reader friends that question 😀