Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!
1. Home sweet home!! I mean, I’ve been home for a few days now, but this is the first time I’ve actually gotten to sit down and talk to you guys outside of a recipe post, so… just letting you know I’m back And man oh man does it feel good to be back! I love travelling, but I don’t think I’d be able to handle more than 5 or 6 days at a beach resort where all you really end up doing is eating, swimming, walking around, and laying on the beach. That and the crazy humidity – I can do without that too. I’ll definitely miss walking out the back door and seeing this, though. Even though, let’s be real, I’m not a huge fan of getting wet 😆
2. And because I’m a woman of extremes, I’ll be following up my tropical vacation with a trip to the snowy mountains this weekend. It’s just that… I didn’t manage to make it out even once in February (how did that happen??!?), and watching all the snowboarding events at the Olympics gave me some hardcore FOMO. So the next time you hear from me, I’ll probably be writing to you curled up by a fireplace at the lodge… again.
3. Another thing I didn’t manage to do in February? Share what I got in last month’s Ipsy bag. And it was another good month, too! We’ve got: a double sided eyeshadow brush from Luxie, dry shampoo from Klorane, Bye Bye Under Eye concealer from It Cosmetics (been DYING to try this stuff!), mascara from Pür, and a lip balm that smells pretty freaking amazing. I decided to put mascara back on my list since I figured out that the eczema under my eyes was actually being caused by a face mask… and I like getting mascara in my baggies because it means I don’t have to go out and buy new ones 😆 Actually, since I started my sub with Ipsy, I haven’t had to go out and buy any concealer, eyeliner, eye shadow, dry shampoo, mascara, or face masks… Have I mentioned how much I love this little baggie?
4. And have I mentioned how much I’ve been loving oranges lately? Because… you guys… I’ve been craving them hardcore ever since getting back from Mexico. And I think it has something to do with the fact that I was drinking the most delicious freshly squeezed orange juice every morning that I was there. Like… it was so good and gave me the biggest craving for oranges. I seriously can’t get enough of them lately, and I think an orange-infused recipe is gonna be coming up here soon.
5. Oh! That and I’ve been loving fresh juices. I know I probably mentioned a while back that I really wanted to start juicing, but I don’t think I ever told you guys that I actually started a few weeks ago and I’m kind of loving it. I mean, I don’t love cleaning the juicer or feeling like I’m wasting all the pulp, but the juices themselves? Freaking amazing. I’m not cutting out or replacing any of my meals with juice – I’m just having a glass along with my food. And the best part is that I’ve definitely noticed improvements in my skin and digestion since I started. I’ve been loving it so much, that I actually went out and upgraded my janky old juicer to this beauty right here. And I’m keeping juices pretty simple for now (carrot, celery, apple, and ginger), but I definitely want to experiment with some new combinations.
6. And that’s it for me today, friendly faces! I hope you’re making Thursday awesome, and I’ll see you this weekend with another recipe! I’m thinking chocolate…
No questions! Just tell me whatever randomness comes to mind!
More places to find me!
*Disclosure: Some of the links included in this post may be affiliate links, meaning I’ll earn a small commission if you purchase through them, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and believe will add value to my readers. Thank you so much for helping support Spoons!