Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! No idea what I’m going on about? Click here!
1. I think the dogsled team delivering my Ipsy shipment must have gotten snowed in somewhere, because I just got January’s baggie on the 30th, when they usually come somewhere around the 15th. But what can you do?! It’s not like I’m hurting for beauty products (ahem), and I’m always happy to see this baggie no matter what time it shows up in my mailbox. It was a good one this month, too! We’ve got a styling cream, a lip scrub, a highlighter, some pretty eyeshadow, and some crazy double sided tweezers that make me feel like I’m going to hurt myself. The baggie reminds me of 80’s workout spandex though 😆
2. Also, we don’t -actually- get our post by dogsled… it’s just Canadian winter memes, because laughing is a good way to warm up when it’s -30 outside.
3. Although, honestly? Even laughing won’t do much for you when you plan a trip to the mountains on a weekend that was supposed to be nice if the weather didn’t decide to pull a 180 at the very last minute. That’s the kind of cold where even the marrow in your bones needs time to defrost. Was still good times, though! Boarding always is.
4. But hockey games are warmer times, especially when your team decides to play well and actually wins for once. Real talk for a sec. Going to hockey games feels so much stranger now that I’m older because about 90% of the team is way younger than me. Like our best guy on the Oilers? He’s something like 20 or 21. And considering they all retire in their mid to late 30’s… I dunno, it just makes me feel old 😆
5. Sad news for me. So remember the weird rash I was getting around my eyes that I attributed to the little mascaras I was getting in my Ipsy bags? I had a similar rash pop up a couple weeks ago and I had no idea what was causing it since I wasn’t using those little guys. Turns out it was a face mask that I used to use regularly with no issues whatsoever. Glam Glow Supermud was the culprit, and the craziest thing is that I’d get a rash in a place where I didn’t apply the mask (around my eyes), while the places on my face where I did apply it were totally fine. Like… how does that even make sense?
6. Speaking of eyes, do you ever do something a little extra with your makeup for a night out or something, and you finish up one eye and just wish you could copy/paste to the other one? I love working on my right eye, but I literally can’t be bothered to do as good of a job on the left one. I think maybe that’s why I wear my bangs off to that side – to cover up my laziness 😆
7. That’s it for me today! Hope you guys are having an awesome Thursday and an awesome start to February! See you soon!
No questions! Just tell me whatever randomness comes to mind!
More places to find me!