The classic flavor of everyone’s most beloved cookie in a dense muffin form. Soft. Chewy. Chocolatey. You won’t be able to help but fall in love with these precious gems.
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk (or any milk)
- 1 cup spelt flour (whole wheat would work as well)
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup natural almond butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unrefined sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the oats and almond milk. Set aside until the oats have absorbed the majority of the liquid; approximately 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- When ready to begin, preheat oven to 350°F, and lightly oil a muffin tray, or line it with 12 paper/silicone liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Toss the almond butter, egg, sugar, and vanilla into a blender, and blend until smooth. Pour the contents of the blender into the oat and milk mixture, and stir until fully combined.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, stirring gently. Do not overmix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough evenly among the 12 muffin cups, and bake for 20 minutes. When finished, remove them from the muffin tray and allow to cool on a wire rack.
You can visit this post for more detailed instructions.