- 1 flax “egg”*
- ¼ cup almond butter**
- 2 ripe medium/large bananas
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar***
- 3/4 cup rolled oats****
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Prepare your flax egg by combining 1 Tbsp. of ground flaxseed with 3 Tbsp. of water. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a muffin pan by spraying 9 cavities with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy. If you do not have a high speed blender, you can mix all the ingredients by hand. Simply grind the oats into a flour and mash the bananas before combining all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing well.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
* to make a flax egg, combine 1 Tbsp. of ground flaxseed with 3 Tbsp. of water and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
** can sub with nut butter of your choice.
*** can sub with maple syrup or brown rice syrup. Or honey if not strictly vegan.
**** make sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need these to be gluten-free.
Keywords: banana bread muffins, flourless banana bread muffins, gluten-free banana bread muffins, recipe, vegan banana bread muffins