- 1 banana, frozen*
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour**
- 1 Tbsp. softened coconut butter***
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (regular milk is fine too)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- whipped topping (optional)
- sprinkles (optional)
- Place all ingredients except for whipped topping and sprinkles (if using) into any standard blender and blend until smooth. You may have to spend a little extra time blending to ensure that the coconut butter becomes evenly distributed and you don’t end up with small solid chunks in your smoothie.
- Transfer smoothie into a glass and top with whipped cream and sprinkles!
* I like to freeze my bananas when they’re just starting to sport a few brown spots — I find they add the best texture and flavour that way. Also, peel and cut your bananas before tossing them into a Ziploc bag into the freezer — it saves you the hassle of trying to get the peel off when they’re frozen.
** You can sub in a few tablespoons of oat flour instead.
*** You can sub in another nut butter like cashew or vanilla almond.
Keywords: cake batter milkshake, cake batter smoothie, creamy smoothie, vanilla milkshake, vanilla smoothie