- 1/4 cup (55 g) plain Greek yogurt*
- 1/2 medium, ripe banana (50 g or 1/4 cup mashed)
- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp (12 g) coconut palm sugar**
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp (10 g) chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C) and lightly grease an individual sized (~16oz./500 ml) ramekin or oven-safe dish with cooking spray or oil. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips to a blender or food processor and process on high until the oats have broken down and the batter is smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the dough to your greased ramekin and fold in the chocolate chips, saving a few to sprinkle on the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the centre has set and the bake has reached your desired consistency. Remove from oven, top with desired toppings, and enjoy!
* you can also sub this out for flavoured Greek yogurt or even regular yogurt. ** you can sub this with regular brown sugar or replace it with maple syrup or honey to keep it refined-sugar-free.
Keywords: banana, banana muffin, breakfast, flourless muffin, gluten-free muffin, Greek yogurt, healthy, muffin, oatmeal muffin, oats, recipe, snack