- Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder to a small microwave-safe mug or ramekin, stirring until well combined.
- Add the milk, applesauce, nut butter, sugar, and vanilla, mixing well to ensure that everything is fully incorporated.
- Microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on microwave strength and thickness of mug. If the brownie has not set by then, continue to microwave in 30 sec intervals until desired consistency is reached.
- Carefully remove from the microwave (mug will be hot!), sprinkle with chocolate chips,*** grab a spoon, and enjoy!
* I like to use a nut butter that’s made with just nuts and maybe salt. The drippy butters work the best because they’re easier to mix in. ** You can use any sugar you have on hand. Granulated, brown, coconut, etc. OR use 1 tsp. of maple syrup or agave to make this refined sugar free. *** You want to add the chocolate chips after baking or the brownie might not rise as well. It’ll still be hot enough coming out of the microwave to melt the chips.
Keywords: brownie in a mug, brownies, chocolate, gluten-free, grain-free, healthy, microwave brownie, mug brownie, paleo, recipe, two minute brownie, vegan