- 1 3/4 cups (210 g) whole wheat pastry flour*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas (200 g or 1 cup mashed)
- 1/2 cup (115 g) plain Greek yogurt**
- 1/4 cup (80 g) honey
- 1/4 cup (50 g) coconut palm sugar***
- 1 cup (140 g) diced strawberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC), and lightly grease a 9 x 5 (23 x 13cm) loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the mashed bananas, Greek yogurt, honey, and coconut sugar. Stir until well combined before gently folding in the diced strawberries.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, spreading it out evenly, and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the top starts to get too brown, you can cover it with a sheet of aluminum foil at around 35 mins.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store it in an airtight container T room temperature for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
* You can also use a mix of whole wheat and all purpose. I recommend 1 cup AP and 3/4 cup WW. ** If you want a slightly sweeter banana bread, you can also sub out the plain yogurt for a flavoured variety like vanilla or strawberry. *** You can also sub this out with brown sugar.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
Keywords: banana bread, bananas, healthy, healthy banana bread, recipe, strawberry, strawberry banana bread