- 1 medium-size (100 g) ripe banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup (115 g) plain yogurt or non-dairy yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup (30 g) rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 tbsp (7g) chia seeds*
- 1 cup (150 g) strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 – 2 tsp maple syrup or honey (optional, to taste)
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender in the order listed, and blend on high until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached. You want to make sure to keep blending until the chia seeds have broken down to achieve the smoothest and creamiest texture.
- This smoothie can be made the night before and left to thicken in the fridge overnight. It gets quite pudding-y, so feel free to stir in a splash of milk to achieve desired consistency.
* You can also use ground flax or nut butter.
Keywords: banana, breakfast, gluten-free, Greek yogurt, healthy, oats, recipe, smoothie, strawberry, vegan