- 2 cups (160 g) rolled oats
- 2 tbsp (14 g) ground flax
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (120 g) canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup (64 g) creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup (80 g) brown rice syrup*
- 2 tbsp (25 g) coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (60 g) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C) and prepare an 8 x 8 (20 x 20 cm) baking pan by lining it with a sheet of parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, flax, spices, and salt. Add the pumpkin, almond butter, brown rice syrup, sugar, and vanilla, mixing until fully combined. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the dough to your prepared baking pan and use a greased spatula or your hands to spread it evenly, pressing down firmly.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for ~20 minutes before cutting into bars. Store the bars in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
* You can also use honey if you don’t need these to be vegan.
Keywords: chocolate chip pumpkin granola bar, gluten-free granola bar, pumpkin granola bar, soft and chewy granola bar