- 1/2 cup rolled oats**
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup***
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk****
- The night before, add all ingredients to the bowl of your blender and give it a stir to ensure that everything is well combined. Cover and place in fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- The next morning, blend until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached, adding more milk if smoothie is too thick. Transfer back to a bowl or glass, add desired toppings, and enjoy!
* Cook time refers to chilling time. ** Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need this to be gluten-free. You can also reduce the oats to ⅓ cup and add a scoop of your favourite protein powder. *** You could sub this with any liquid sweetener, or leave it out and replace it with 2 Medjool dates. **** To make this taste more like a pumpkin spice latte, replace half of the milk with leftover coffee. OR add a tsp. of instant coffee to the blender.
Keywords: breakfast, gluten-free, healthy, overnight oatmeal smoothie, pumpkin, pumpkin spice, recipe, smoothie, vegan