- 1/3 cup (30 g) rolled oats**
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) pure orange juice***
- 1 medium-size (~150 g) orange, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium-size (100 g) ripe banana, frozen
- 1 – 2 tsp sweetener (maple syrup, cane sugar, etc.)****
- The night before, add the oats, orange juice, orange slices, and vanilla to the bowl of your blender and give it a stir to ensure that everything is well combined. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- The next morning, remove your blender bowl from the fridge and add the frozen banana chunks. Blend on high until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached, adding a splash of juice if the smoothie is too thick for your liking. Transfer it to a bowl or glass, add desired toppings, and enjoy!
* Cook time refers to chilling time. ** Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need this to be gluten-free. You can also reduce the oats by half (about 3 Tbsp) and add a scoop of your favourite protein powder. *** You could also sub this out for some unsweetened almond milk. The orange flavour wouldn’t be as strong, but it would get a little creamier. **** This smoothie isn’t overly sweet, and depending on how ripe your banana is, you may want to add a teaspoon or two of additional sweetener.
Keywords: breakfast, creamsicle, creamsicle smoothie, gluten-free, healthy, oatmeal smoothie, oats, orange, recipe, smoothie, snack, vegan