For the bites:
- 1/2 cup (90 g) dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup (60 g) pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (60 g) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (28 g) coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
For the cinnamon sugar coating:
- 1 tsp (4g) coconut or granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender and process on high until the dates and oats have broken down and the mixture sticks together easily.* If the mix feels too dry, add non-dairy milk or water 1 tablespoon at a time until the right consistency is reached.
- Add the cinnamon and sugar to a shallow bowl. Using a heaping tablespoon, roll the dough between your hands before rolling it in the cinnamon sugar to coat. Set it aside on a plate and repeat with the remaining dough. Store the balls in an airtight container for best results, or freeze for longer periods of time.
* How long you process it really depends on the kind of texture you’re going for. If you want your bites chewier and chunkier, process them for a shorter amount of time. If you want them smoother, process for longer.
Keywords: gluten-free, healthy, no bake, nut-free, pumpkin, recipe, snack, snickerdoodle, vegan