- Line a muffin pan with 12 paper or silicone liners. Set aside.
- Add 2/3 cup (120 g) of the chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 1 minute increments until the chocolate is fully melted, stirring between each round. Alternatively, you can also melt the chocolate in a saucepan set over low heat.
- One the chocolate is melted, fill each muffin liner with about 2 tsp (10 ml) of melted chocolate and use the back of a spoon to bring some of the chocolate a little over halfway up the sides to create a cup. Place the pan in the freezer to set.
- While the chocolate is setting, prepare the brownie filling by adding the remaining ingredients (coconut flour through nut butter) to a large mixing bowl and mixing until all the ingredients are well combined and a dough forms. Depending on the ingredients you use, you may need to add a splash of extra milk or a small sprinkle of coconut flour to get the right consistency. The mixture should stick together easily when pressed without being overly sticky or wet.
- Using a tablespoon, roll the dough between your hands to form individual balls and then flatten them slightly so that they resemble the shape of the muffin cups. Place one of these discs into each of the muffin cups and use your fingers to gently flatten them so they press up against the sides.
- Melt the remaining 1/3 cup (60 g) of chocolate chips, and add a generous teaspoon to each of the cups to cover them up. Sprinkle on any desired toppings (salt flakes, sprinkles, shredded coconut, etc.), and then place them in the freezer for a minimum of 10 minutes to allow everything to set. Store the cups in an airtight container the fridge for up to a two weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
* I used a plant based protein to make these vegan, but feel free to use whichever protein is your favourite. Just note that different types of powders absorb liquid differently, so you might have to adjust how much milk you add depending on which kind you use. ** You can also use honey if not strictly vegan.
Keywords: brownie, chocolate, dessert, gluten-free, healthy, no bake, protein, recipe, snack, vegan