- 1 Tbsp (7 g) coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 medium-sized ripe banana, mashed (50 g or 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 Tbsp (8 g) nut butter of choice
- 2 tsp (8 g) coconut palm sugar*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: sprinkle of dairy-free chocolate chips
- Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder to a small bowl, mixing until well combined.
- Add the milk and mashed banana, stirring until no clumps remain. Add the nut butter, sugar, and vanilla, mixing well to ensure that everything is fully incorporated. Transfer the batter to an 8 oz. ramekin or a small microwave safe mug.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. If brownie has not set by then, continue to microwave in 30 sec intervals until desired consistency is reached.
- Carefully remove from microwave (mug will be hot!), sprinkle with chocolate chips, grab a spoon, and enjoy!
* You could also sub this with brown sugar or granulated sugar. OR use 1 tsp. of maple syrup or agave to make this refined sugar free.
** To make this nut-free, replace the almond milk with another non-dairy milk like rice or soy, and the nut butter with a soy nut butter.
Keywords: brownie in a mug, brownies, chocolate, gluten-free, healthy, microwave brownie, paleo, recipe, two minute brownie, vegan, quick, easy