- 1 1/2 cup (120 g) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (40 g) cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp (12 g) coconut palm sugar*
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (110 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) oil**
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your waffle iron. You want to make sure it’s nice and hot before you start cooking your waffles.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender in the order listed and process on high until the oats have fully broken down and the batter is smooth and frothy.
- Coat your waffle iron with plenty of cooking spray or oil and pour the batter in according to manufacturer’s instructions.*** Cook your waffles until they’re crisp and golden brown on the outside, then repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the waffles warm with toppings of choice, or wrap them up tightly and freeze them for a quick breakfast option. Just pop them in the toaster when you’re ready to eat.
* You can also use brown sugar. ** You can use any oil you have on hand. If using coconut oil, you might want to make sure the rest of your ingredients are at room temperature to prevent the coconut oil from solidifying into chunks. *** Because waffle makers come in so many different sizes, I can’t give you exact measurements or cook times. Consult the manufacturer’s instructions to determine the specifics of your particular waffle iron.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
Keywords: blender, breakfast, flourless, gluten-free, Greek yogurt, healthy, oats, waffles