- 1/2 cup (128 g) almond butter*
- 1 ripe medium-sized banana (100 g)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (80 g) honey
- 1/4 cup (20 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (115 g) zucchini, shredded and squeezed of excess liquid**
- 1/4 cup (45 g) chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F (176C) and prepare an 8×8 (20x20cm) baking pan by lining it with a sheet of parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients except for the zucchini and chocolate chips to a high-speed blender or food processor in the order listed, and process on high until the batter becomes smooth and creamy. Stir in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan, using a spatula to distribute it evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
* I like using almond butter because of it’s mild flavour, but you can sub it out for whatever nut butter you have on hand. Or, use a soy nut butter to make these nut-free. ** I like to place a handful of shredded zucchini between two paper towels and squeeze it over the sink.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
Keywords: brownies, chocolate, dairy-free, dessert, flourless, gluten-free, grain-free, healthy, oil-free, paleo, snack, zucchini