- 1 cup (256 g) almond butter*
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp (8 g) cornstarch**
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (90 g) chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the almond butter, egg, and maple syrup together. Add the cornstarch and baking soda and continue beating until both ingredients become well incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Using a rounded tablespoon, scoop out the dough and roll it into a ball between your palms. Drop the dough onto your prepared baking sheet and gently flatten it with your fingers. The cookies will spread a little so leave about 2 inches of space between them.
- Bake for 9 – 11 minutes, until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Keywords: flourless, grain-free, gluten-free, chocolate chip, cookies, almond butter, maple syrup, easy, quick, recipe, dessert, snack