- 6 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped*
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan set over medium heat.
- Bring the apples to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and allow the apples to continue simmering for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Depending on what kind of texture you like, either enjoy the applesauce as is, use a potato masher to break the apples up a bit, or use a blender or immersion blender to make the applesauce completely smooth.
- Store it in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
Keywords: apple, applesauce, cinnamon, DIY, easy, Fall, healthy, homemade, stovetop