- 1 cup (225 g) plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas (200 g or 1 cup mashed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (120 g) rolled oats*
- 1/4 cup (20 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (50 g) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (85 g) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F (205C) and prepare a muffin pan by spraying cavities with cooking spray or lining them with paper liners**. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for chocolate chips to a blender or food processor and process on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy.*** Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about ¾ full. Optional: sprinkle a few chocolate chips over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
* Make sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need these to be gluten-free. ** If using paper liners, you’ll want to spray them with cooking spray as well, since the lack of oil in these muffins could make them stick to the liners after baking. *** If you don’t have a high-speed blender, you might want to start by grinding the oats into a flour before tossing in all the other ingredients.
Keywords: breakfast, chocolate Greek yogurt muffins, chocolate muffins, chocolate oat muffins, gluten-free chocolate muffins, Greek yogurt muffins, healthy, recipe, snack