- 1 cup (80 g) old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (56 g) oat bran
- 1/2 cup (60 g) flour of choice*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup**
- 2 Tbsp (25 g) coconut palm sugar***
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (140 g) blueberries, fresh or frozen****
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) blueberry jam
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and prepare an 8×8 (20x20cm) baking dish by lining it with a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Lightly spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, oat bran, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the almond milk, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla, mixing until well combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared baking pan, using a spatula to ensure that it is evenly distributed. Drop the jam in small dollops across the entire surface, and use a toothpick to swirl them around a little.
- Bake the bars for 20 minutes until the top has set and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes before removing and cutting into bars.
* You can really use any flour you want here, depending on your dietary needs. I’ve made these with all-purpose, GF all-purpose, and almond flours, and each one was delicious. The only thing I would advise against is coconut flour. ** You can also use agave nectar, or honey if you don’t need these to be vegan. *** You can also use brown sugar. **** If using frozen berries, toss them in 1 tbsp (7 g) of flour before gently folding them into the batter to prevent them from bleeding.
Keywords: blueberry, blueberry oat bars, breakfast, breakfast bars, easy, gluten-free, healthy, oat bars, quick, recipe, snack, vegan