- 1/2 cup (90 g) of dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) hot water
- 1 cup (240 ml) light canned coconut milk*
- 2 Tbsp (30 g) canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the dates and hot water to a high-speed blender or food processor. If your dates are a little dry, allow them to soak for 10 minutes so that they’ll be easier to blend. Otherwise, process on high until the dates have broken down and turned into a smooth paste, scraping down the sides of your blender as necessary.
- Add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, spices, salt, and vanilla extract, and continue processing until everything is well combined and the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the creamer to an airtight container, such as a jar or bottle. You can run it through a fine mesh strainer to ensure no bigger pieces of dates remain, but it shouldn’t be necessary with a high-speed blender. Store it in the fridge for up to a week, and be sure to shake it before adding it to your coffee. The creamer will thicken as it sits.
* Depending on how creamy you want your creamer, you can replace up to half of the canned coconut milk with a non-dairy milk of your choice. Or, you can sub it out entirely and add 1/4 tsp. of xanthan gum to thicken it up.
Keywords: coconut milk, coffee, coffee creamer, dairy free coffee creamer, dates, healthy coffee creamer, pumpkin spice latte