For the cookies:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the coating:
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla almond milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla extract, mixing until fully combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing well until a soft dough is formed. Place bowl in fridge and chill for 20-30 minutes.*
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Set aside. Line your working surface with a medium-sized sheet of parchment paper and combine the cinnamon and sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Scoop out spoonfuls of dough (about 1 Tbsp.) and roll them on the parchment paper until they’re roughly the size of a pencil – about 1/4 inch in diameter and 6 inches long. Transfer the dough to the bowl with the cinnamon sugar, and roll until fully coated before rolling up into a spiral shape, slightly pinching the end. Place on baking sheet and repeat until all the dough has been used up.
- Bake 10 minutes, until edges begin to turn golden brown and cookies have firmed up. Allow to cool on baking sheet before drizzling with glaze.
- For the glaze: combine powdered sugar and almond milk in a small bowl. If the glaze is too thick, add a splash of milk. If the glaze is too thin, add more sugar. When you reach your desired consistency, use a spoon to drizzle glaze over the cookies and allow to set before serving.
* Refrigeration isn’t -absolutely- necessary, and you could probably get by without it if you’re short on time. It just makes the cookies slightly easier to shape.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Keywords: cinnamon roll cookies, cinnamon roll sugar cookies, cinnamon sugar, cookies, recipe, sugar cookies