A raspberry oat bar with a light buttery crust, a zesty fruit filling, and a drizzle of milk chocolate. These bars make a perfect spring time snack!
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour*
- 1 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 bar (50g) chocolate of your choice
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with a sheet of aluminum foil, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Spray foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Add honey and coconut oil, mixing well to ensure that the oil is evenly distributed.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the oat mixture. Transfer the remainder of the mix into your prepared baking pan, using your fingers or a spatula to ensure that it is pressed down tightly and evenly distributed.
- Spoon jam into a small bowl and mix in the lemon zest. If jam is too thick or cold to spread easily, pop it into the microwave for a few seconds to warm it up.
- Use a spatula or knife to spread the jam over top of the pressed oat mixture, making sure to only go within 1/4 of the edge to prevent the jam from burning. Sprinkle the reserved oat mixture over the layer of jam, pressing down lightly to ensure that it stays in place.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top turns a light golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to fully cool in pan before cutting into bars.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in intervals of 20 seconds, stirring regularly to ensure it doesn’t burn. Once fully melted, use a spoon to drizzle chocolate over the bars and transfer them to the fridge for ~15 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- * can sub with all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour
Keywords: chocolate, oatmeal bars, raspberry oatmeal bar, recipe, healthy