- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk*
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a 9-inch cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat, stirring frequently until it begins to turn golden brown; about 3 minutes. Whisk in sugars and vanilla.
- Remove skillet from heat and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before adding in egg and egg yolk. Whisk gently until well combined. Add flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a spatula, spread the dough until it is evenly distributed in the skillet. Bake for 18-20 minutes until edges begin to turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
* The addition of the extra egg yolk results in a softer and cakier cookie. I made one without it and it still works, so you can omit it if you wish.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie, chocolate chip skillet cookie, skillet cookie, soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie, soft and chewy skillet cookie