- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, almond flour, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Add the egg and coconut oil, and mix until fully combined.
- Using a rounded tablespoon, scoop out the dough and roll it into a ball between your palms. Drop the dough onto your prepared baking sheet and gently flatten it with your fingers. The cookies will spread a little bit, so leave about 2 inches of room between them and don’t flatten them too thin.
- Bake for 7 – 9 minutes, until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
- Optional: melt some chocolate chips and use a knife or the back of a spoon to spread some chocolate on one side of the cookies. Place them in the fridge to set before enjoying.
* You can also use brown sugar. ** You can also use melted butter.
Keywords: cookies, flourless, gluten-free, healthy, holidays, oats, recipe