For the bake:
- 1/4 cup (20 g) quick oats
- 2 Tbsp (14 g) almond flour
- 2 tsp (8 g) cane sugar*
- 2 tsp (5 g) arrowroot powder**
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- rainbow sprinkles
For the frosting:
- ~ 2 Tbsp (30 g) of your favourite yogurt
- ~ 2 Tbsp (10 g) of your favourite protein powder
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C) and lightly spray an individual sized (~16oz./500 ml) ramekin or oven-safe dish with cooking spray or grease it with cooking oil.
- Combine the oats, almond flour, sugar, arrowroot powder, and baking powder in the baking dish. Add the almond milk and vanilla, and mix until everything is well combined before gently sprinkling the sprinkles on top. You don’t want to mix them in, as the colour will end up bleeding.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the centre has set and the bake has reached your desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting by adding the yogurt to a small mixing bowl and continuing to add protein powder until you reach the consistency that you want. Different yogurts and powders will behave differently, so it’s hard to give exact measurements. You really can’t go wrong, though, so just keep tinkering!
- When the bake is done, remove it from the oven, break it up into smaller pieces, top with frosting, and enjoy!
* You can pretty much sub this with any sugar you have on hand, or use 1-2 tsp of maple syrup, agave, or brown rice syrup. ** You can easily sub this for cornstarch.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
Keywords: breakfast, breakfast bake, cake batter, cake batter breakfast bake, funfetti, gluten-free, healthy, oats, recipe, vegan