- 1/3 cup (30 g) rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp (15 g) flour of choice*
- 1 Tbsp (5 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp (8–15 ml) maple syrup, to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla flavor
- 1 Tbsp (10 g) dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F, and lightly coat an individual sized ramekin or oven-safe bowl with cooking spray or oil.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together oats, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add almond milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla, mixing until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips, reserving a few to sprinkle on the top.
- Transfer batter to your greased ramekin, topping with a few extra chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on desired consistency.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before adding any additional toppings and digging in!
* I usually use an all-purpose or whole wheat, but this recipe works with most flours, including gluten-free ones
Keywords: breakfast, breakfast bake, brownie batter, chocolate, healthy breakfast, oatmeal bake, recipe, vegan