- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats*
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 medium-size ripe banana, sliced (about 50g)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup (60 g) plain Greek yogurt**
- 1–2 Tbsp (15–30 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and coat it with cooking spray or oil. You want to make sure that it’s very hot before you start cooking your pancakes.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender in the order listed and blend until the oats have broken down and batter is frothy.
- Using a ladle or 1/4 cup (60 ml) measuring cup, drop batter onto skillet until desired size of pancakes is reached. Cook until the edges begin to look dry and bubbles start to form on the top of the pancake, about 1 minute. Using a spatula, flip and cook about 2 more minutes on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter, making sure to coat your skillet again with oil between each batch.
- Remove from heat and serve with your favourite toppings.
* Make sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need these to be gluten-free.
** You can also use a flavoured Greek yogurt.
Keywords: breakfast, easy breakfast, gluten-free pancakes, Greek yogurt, healthy breakfast, pancakes, recipe