- 2 cups rolled oats*
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup very ripe mashed bananas
- ¼ cup honey**
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped dates, or add-ins of choice
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare an 8×8 baking pan by lining it with a sheet of aluminum foil, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Grease the foil with cooking spray or oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, flax, cinnamon, and salt. Add mashed bananas, honey, and vanilla, mixing until fully combined. Fold in dates.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Using a greased spatula or your hands, spread the mixture evenly in the pan, pressing down firmly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until top sets and edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes before cutting into bars with a sharp knife.
* Make sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need these to be gluten-free.
** Feel free to sub with brown rice syrup if vegan.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Keywords: banana bread, gluten-free, granola bars, nut-free, recipe, refined sugar-free