- 1 lb. of sweet potatoes (approx. 2 large), peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil. Add cubed sweet potatoes and boil for 15 minutes, until soft. Drain well and shake off any excess water.
- Use a fork or potato masher to mash the sweet potatoes until no chunks remain. Add coconut flour and cinnamon, mixing well to ensure it is fully incorporated. Set aside.*
- In a small bowl, prepare coating by combining almond meal, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out sweet potato mash and roll it between your hands to create a small cylindrical shape.** Transfer to the bowl that contains the coating, and roll it around to ensure that it’s evenly coated, pressing gently. Transfer to baking sheet and repeat with remaining mash.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, rotating at the halfway mark, until coating begins to turn golden brown and desired level of crispness is reached.
* This can be done ahead of time and stored in the fridge until needed. Mine came out to a little less than 1 1/2 cups mashed.
** You can really make them any shape you want, just make sure they’re all uniform in size to ensure that they cook evenly.
Keywords: baked sweet potato tots, gluten-free sweet potato tots, healthy, recipe, snack, sweet potato tots, sweet potatoes