- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Place spinach in a steamer set over boiling water, cover, and steam until just wilted, about 1 minute. Remove and pat dry with a paper towel to remove some of the excess moisture.
- Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan set over medium heat. When pan and oil are hot, add the diced onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a separate bowl and add the wilted spinach and diced apple. Stir well and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Gouda, salt, and pepper. Divide the spinach, onion, and apple mixture evenly among the muffin tins, and use a ladle to spoon the egg mixture over top, filling about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until eggs have set and edges begin to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tins and serving.
Keywords: apple and gouda frittata, apples, breakfast, brunch, egg muffins, eggs, frittatas, gouda, mini frittatas