- 3/4 cup (60 g) old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup (56 g) almond meal/flour
- 2 Tbsp (14 g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (20 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (48 g) coconut palm sugar*
- 2 Tbsp (40 g) honey
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp (15 ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (42 g) dark chocolate chunks/chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almond flour, coconut flour, shredded coconut, baking powder, salt, sugar, and honey.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk together egg, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Add to dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place bowl in fridge and chill for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F (176C) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Use a tablespoon to drop cookies onto baking sheet, pressing down to flatten them slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on sheet for ~5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
* you can also sub with brown sugar
Keywords: almond flour cookies, almond joy, almond joy oatmeal cookies, gluten-free oatmeal cookies, healthy oatmeal cookies