- 1/4 cup (20 g) rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp (14 g) oat bran
- 2 Tbsp (15 g) flour of choice*
- 1 Tbsp (6 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp (2 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2–1 Tbsp (7–15 ml) agave or maple syrup**
- 1/8 tsp almond extract***
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C), and lightly coat an individual-sized ramekin (16 oz/500 ml) with coconut oil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine oats, oat bran, flour, coconut, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add almond milk, maple syrup, and almond extract, mixing until well combined.
- Transfer dough to your greased ramekin, topping with a few chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on desired consistency.
* I usually use an all-purpose or whole wheat, but this recipe works with most flours, including gluten free and grain free ones. ** If you don’t have almond extract, you can use 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Keywords: almond joy, breakfast, breakfast bake, gluten-free, healthy, oats, recipe, vegan