- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add almond butter and honey, stirring until the almond butter is melted and fully combined with the honey. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Remove from heat and add oats, protein powder (if using), flax, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well and use a spatula to ensure that all of the oats are well coated.
- Spread the granola mixture over a baking sheet, leaving as many clusters as you want, and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, and bake for another 8 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Let cool completely before adding chocolate chips and transferring to a storage container. The granola will still be slightly soft when it comes out of the oven, but it will harden up as it sits at room temperature and cools.
Keywords: almond butter granola, healthy granola, protein granola, vanilla, recipe