- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (110 g) plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 medium-size ripe banana, mashed (100 g or 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup (100 g) coconut palm sugar*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup (150 g) whole wheat pastry flour**
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC), and prepare a muffin pan by spraying the cavities with cooking spray or lining them with parchment paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs just until the yolks break apart. Whisk in the Greek yogurt, banana, sugar, vanilla, and baking soda, mixing until smooth.
- Slowly spoon in the flour and gently stir it in until just combined. Fold in any add-ins, if using.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 9 muffin cups, filling them 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 – 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for ~10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
* You can also use brown sugar or cane sugar. ** You can also use all-purpose flour, or use a mix of all-purpose and whole wheat. I’d probably go 3/4 cup (90 g) all-purpose and 1/2 cup (60 g) whole wheat. I’ve also had readers say that an all-purpose gluten-free mix works as well.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Keywords: banana muffins, breakfast, Greek yogurt, healthy, muffins, oil-free, one banana, recipe, snack