- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup (20 g) rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp (10 g) chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 medium-sized apple, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks (~130 g)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 1–2 tsp (5–10 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of your blender and give them a stir to ensure that everything is well combined. Let them sit for ~10 minutes, until the oats begin to plump up and the chia seeds start to gel.*
- When ready to eat, blend on high until everything breaks down fully and a smooth and creamy consistency is reached.
- Transfer the smoothie to a small saucepan set over medium heat and bring it to a simmer or boil, depending on how hot you want it. If the smoothie becomes too thick during cooking, add an extra splash of almond milk until your desired consistency is reached.
- When it’s just how you like it, transfer the smoothie to a heat-safe glass or bowl, garnish it with toppings of choice, and enjoy!
* If you don’t have the extra time to do this in the morning, combine the ingredients the night before, cover, and place in the fridge overnight.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
Keywords: apples, breakfast, dairy-free, Fall, gluten-free, healthy, oats, recipe, smoothie, snack, vegan