- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup unrefined sugar
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ Tbsp. canola oil
- ¼ cup dairy free chocolate chips (can also use regular)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and lightly grease a cookie sheet or cover it with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, pumpkin, and vanilla, then stir in oil to incorporate.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a rounded tablespoon, drop dough onto prepared baking sheets, and flatten slightly.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1 minute before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Keywords: baking, chocolate, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, cookies, dessert, healthy cookies, pumpkin, pumpkin oatmeal cookies, recipe