- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats**
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (optional, but recommended)
- 1/2 cup (15 – 20 g) baby spinach***
- 1 medium-size (100 g) ripe banana, frozen
- 2 Tbsp (25 g) avocado (optional)
- a few drops of mint extract****
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp (7 – 15 ml) sweetener, to taste (optional)
- The night before, add the oats, almond milk, and vanilla to the bowl of your blender and give it a stir to ensure that everything is well combined. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- The next morning, remove your blender bowl from the fridge and add the spinach, frozen banana, and avocado (if using). Blend on high until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached, adding more milk if the smoothie is too thick for your liking. Add a few drops of mint and blend for a couple more seconds. Take a small sip and add extra mint and/or sweetener, if desired.
- Transfer it to a bowl or glass, add desired toppings, and enjoy!
* Cook time refers to chilling time. ** Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need this to be gluten-free. You can also reduce the oats to 1/4 cup (20 g) and add a scoop of your favourite protein powder. *** Feel free to sub the spinach out for another leafy green. I like using baby spinach because of it’s mild taste. **** Start with a few drops of of mint and gradually add more to taste. Mint can get overpowering super fast, so always err on the side of caution.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
Keywords: breakfast, gluten-free, green smoothie, healthy, healthy shamrock shake, mint, overnight oatmeal smoothie, recipe, shamrock shake, snack, vanilla, vegan