- 1/4 cup (60 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats*
- 1/4 cup (60 g) mashed sweet potato
- 2 egg whites 1 large egg
- 1–2 Tbsp (15–30 ml) unsweetened almond milk**
- 1 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of cloves, nutmeg, or allspice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and coat it with cooking spray or oil. You want to make sure that both are very hot before you start cooking your pancakes.
- Add the ingredients to a blender in the order listed and process until the oats are fully broken down and the batter is smooth and frothy.
- Pour the batter straight from the blender onto your skillet until desired size of pancakes is reached.*** Cook them until the edges have set and bubbles begin to form on the tops, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is gone, making sure to coat your skillet again with oil between each batch.
* Make sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need these to be gluten-free. ** Start with 1 Tbsp (15 ml) of almond milk and only add a second if you feel the batter is too thick. *** I try not to make mine too thick or I find they’re more likely to burn on the outside without fully cooking on the inside. There should be enough batter to make 7-8 palm-sized pancakes.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Keywords: breakfast, gluten-free, Greek yogurt, healthy, pancakes, recipe, sweet potatoes