- 1/2 cup (120 g) cooked sweet potato*
- 1/2 medium-size ripe banana, frozen (~50 g)
- 2 Medjool dates (30 g)
- 1 tbsp (5 g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp (16 g) almond butter (optional, but recommended)
- 1 scoop (30 g) protein powder (optional)
- Place all the ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth. This smoothie can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for later!
* You can use either cooked and cooled sweet potato that you roasted yourself or buy canned puree from the store. It equals about 1 small sweet potato or half of a larger one. The amount doesn’t have to be exact.
Keywords: calorie counting, chocolate smoothie, healthy chocolate smoothie, recipe, sweet potato chocolate smoothie, sweet potato smoothie, vegan chocolate smoothie