- 4 cups crispy rice cereal (I used Erewhon)
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup protein powder
- Optional: chocolate for melting
- Prepare a 9×9 baking pan by spraying it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cereal and protein powder. Set aside.
- In a small pan over medium heat, add almond butter and honey, stirring until the almond butter is melted and fully combined with the honey.
- Remove from heat and pour into the cereal mixture. Stir until everything is fully combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Using the spatula or your hands, spread the mixture evenly in the pan, pressing down firmly.
- Optional: place chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and nuke on high in 20 second intervals, mixing between each. When chocolate is fully melted, drizzle over the top of the packed cereal mixture using a spoon.
- Place pan into fridge and allow to cool for ~30 minutes before cutting into squares.
Keywords: almond butter, healthy snacks, honey, recipe, rice krispie squares, rice krispies, snacks