- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg white, or egg*
- 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup**
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- pinch of nutmeg
- 3 – 4 Tbsp. vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and coat it with cooking spray or oil. You want to make sure that your skillet is very hot before you start cooking your pancakes.
- Add oats to your blender and process until they become a fine flour. Add all remaining ingredients except for baking powder and blend until batter becomes smooth. Add baking powder last and blend for a few more seconds until fully incorporated.
- Using a scant ¼ cup measuring cup, drop batter onto hot skillet and cook until the edges have set and bubbles begin to form on the tops of the pancakes, about 2-3 minutes. Using a spatula, flip and cook for about 2 more minutes on the other side. Repeat until all the batter is gone, making sure to coat your skillet with oil between each batch.
- Remove from heat and serve warm with your favourite toppings.
* I’ve made these with both an egg white and an entire egg, and didn’t notice -too- much difference in texture. ** Any sweetener works here.
Keywords: breakfast, Fall, gluten-free, greek yogurt pancakes, healthy, oatmeal pancakes, pancakes, protein, pumpkin, pumpkin pancakes, recipe