- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned or quick)*
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar**
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips, mini or regular
- pumpkin seeds or additional chocolate chips, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare a muffin pan by spraying cavities with cooking spray or lining them with paper liners***. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for chocolate chips to a blender or food processor and process on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about ¾ full. Sprinkle a few pumpkin seeds or chocolate chips over the top of each muffin, if desired.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
* be sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need these to be gluten-free. ** you can easily sub this with brown sugar, and if you want to reduce the amount of more refined sugar, you can use 1/4 cup of sugar with 2-3 Tbsp. of honey or maple syrup. *** If using paper liners, you’ll want to spray them with cooking spray as well, since the lack of oil in these muffins could make them stick to the liners after baking.
Keywords: gluten-free muffins, Greek yogurt muffins, healthy, pumpkin, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin oat greek yogurt muffins, recipe,