- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (110 g) plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 medium-size, ripe bananas, mashed (200 g or 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup (100 g) coconut palm sugar*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup (180 g) whole wheat pastry flour**
- 1 cup (115 g) shredded zucchini, squeezed of excess liquid***
- (optional) chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC), and lightly grease a 9 x 5 (23cm x 13cm) bread pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg until the yolk breaks. Whisk in the yogurt, bananas, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, mixing until smooth. Spoon in the flour and gently fold it in until just combined. Gently mix in the zucchini and chocolate chips if you’re adding it to the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it out evenly, and sprinkle on chocolate chips if you just want them to be on top. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
* You can also use regular cane sugar. ** You can also use all purpose flour or a mix of 3/4 cup (90 g) all purpose and 3/4 cup (90 g) of whole wheat flour. *** I like to place a handful of shredded zucchini between two paper towels and squeeze it over the sink. This drains it of just the right amount of liquid to allow the muffins to cook properly.
Keywords: banana, banana bread, bread, breakfast, fat-free, Greek yogurt, Greek yogurt banana bread, healthy, quick bread, recipe, snack, zucchini, zucchini bread