- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (120 g) canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup (55 g) plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 6 Tbsp (75 g) coconut palm sugar*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup (150 g) whole wheat pastry flour**
- 1/3 cup (60 g) chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC), and lightly grease a 9 x 5 (23cm x 13cm) loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs until the yolks break apart. Whisk in the pumpkin, yogurt, sugar, vanilla, spices, baking soda, and salt, mixing until smooth.
- Slowly spoon in the flour and gently stir it in until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it out even, and top with a few extra chocolate chips. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack to cool completely.
* You can also use brown sugar. ** You can also use all-purpose flour, or use a mix of all-purpose and whole wheat. I’d probably go 3/4 cup (90 g) all-purpose and 1/2 cup (60 g) whole wheat. I’ve also had readers say that an all-purpose gluten-free mix works as well.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
Keywords: baking, Fall, Greek yogurt, healthy, pumpkin, pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice, recipe, snack