- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (55 g) plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 medium-size, ripe bananas, mashed (200 g or 1 cup)
- 6 Tbsp (75 g) coconut palm sugar*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup (180 g) whole wheat pastry flour**
- 1 cup (140 g) blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC), and lightly grease a 9 x 5 (23cm x 13cm) bread pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs until the yolks break apart. Whisk in the yogurt, bananas, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, mixing until smooth. Spoon in the flour and gently fold it in until just combined. Toss the blueberries in 1 Tbsp (7 g) of flour to prevent them from bleeding or sinking to the bottom of the muffins, and gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it out evenly. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
* You can also use brown sugar. ** You can also use all-purpose flour, or use a mix of all-purpose and whole wheat. I’d probably go 3/4 cup (90 g) all-purpose and 1/2 cup (60 g) whole wheat. I’ve also had readers say that an all-purpose gluten-free mix works as well.
Keywords: baking, banana bread, blueberry, breakfast, easy, Greek yogurt, healthy, one bowl, quick, recipe, snack