- 1 Tbsp (16 g) almond butter*
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup (20 g) rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp (14 g) almond meal**
- 1 Tbsp (10 g) chocolate chips***
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C) and lightly spray an individual sized (~16oz./500 ml) ramekin with cooking spray or grease it with cooking oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond butter, applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Mix well until fully combined. Add the oats and almond meal, mixing until you’re left with a sticky dough. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to your greased ramekin, topping with a few extra chocolate chips and a sprinkle of sea salt, if desired. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the centre has set and the bake has reached your desired consistency.
* Feel free to use any nut butter you have on hand.
** If you don’t have almond meal, you can replace it with an equal amount of oat flour. To make oat flour, simply grind rolled oats in a food processor or blender until they reach a floury consistency.
*** Feel free to sub with raisins or nuts for some added nutrition.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Keywords: breakfast bake, chocolate chip oatmeal, cookie dough, cookie dough breakfast bake, gluten-free cookie dough, healthy breakfast, oatmeal, oatmeal breakfast bake, vegan cookie dough